文化財看板 Cultural property sign

田安門(Tayasu-mon Gate)

田安門

国指定重要文化財 1961年(昭和36年)6月7日指定

 この門は九段坂上にあり、門の前の土橋が千鳥ヶ淵と低地の牛ヶ淵の水位調整をしていました。江戸時代には江戸城北の丸から牛込門を経て上州(現在の群馬県)へ向かう道の起点でした。門の名は、この台地が田安台と呼ばれ、田安神社(現在の築土神社)があったことに由来します。

 門は1620年(元和6年)に建築さて、1636年(寛永13年)に修繕されたものが現在に伝わっていると考えられ、高麗(こうらい)門は江戸城のなかでは最も古い建築物です。

 現存する石垣は震災により崩れ、1965(昭和40年)の北の丸整備に合わせて修復されたものですが、地上から2~3段分は江戸時代の原型を保っています。

Tayasu-mon Gate

National Designated Important Cultural Property

Designated on June 7,1961

 This gate is situated at the top of Hill of Kudan, and the earthen bridge in front of the gate regulated the water levels of Chidorigafuchi moat and Ushigafuchi moat, located on lower ground. During the Edo Period(1603-1868), the gate was the start of the road towards Jōshū(now Gunma Prefecture)from the Kitanomaru(North Keep)past the Ushigome-mon Gate. The name of the Tayasu-mon Gate is derived from the fact that this plateau was called “Tayasudai,” and that the Tayasu shrine(now the Ushigome Tsukudo Shrine)stood here.

 The gate was constructed in 1620; it was repaired in 1636, and it is thought that this version still stands here today. It is the oldest structure within Edo Castle.

 The existing stone walls were destroyed in wartime, and were repaired at the same time as maintenance was carried out on the Kitanomaru in 1965. The original Edo Period structures of the second and third levels above ground have been preserved.

関連記事一覧