発祥の地 place of origin

學習院(華族学校)開校の地(Gakushuin (noble’s school) opening place)

弘化四年(1847)京都御所の日御門前に公家の学習所として設立された「学習院」は、明治十年(一八七七)華族学校「学習院」としてこの地に設立されました。

 同年十月十七日に明治天皇、皇后両陛下をお迎えして開業式が行われました。

 現在、学習院は、豊島区目白に大学、高等科、中等科、幼稚園、新宿区戸山に女子大学、女子高等科、女子中等科、新宿区四谷に初等科の各学校を設置しております。

 この碑は、学習院創立百二十五周年記念事業として、学習院の同窓会である桜友会の寄贈により建立したものです。

平成十四年十月

学校法人 学習院

第二十四代学習院長 田島義博

Gakushuin (noble’s school) opening place

“Gakushuin” was established in 1847 in Kyoto Imperial Palace as a public school, and was established in this area as a noble’s school “Gakushuin” in 1877.

 On October 17th of the same year, the opening ceremony was held with Emperor Meiji and Empress Empress.

 Currently, Gakushuin has a university, a high school, a secondary school, a kindergarten in Mejiro, Toshima Ward, a women’s university, a female high school, a female secondary school in Toyama, Shinjuku, and an elementary school in Yotsuya, Shinjuku.

 This monument was erected by the donation of the Alumni Association of the Gakushuin Alumni Association to commemorate the 125th anniversary of the founding of the Gakushuin.

October, 2004

School corporation Gakushuin

Yoshihiro Tajima, 24th generation Gakushuin President

関連記事一覧